Thursday, April 22, 2010

Is this Love?

I want to run my hands through your hair,
trying to read each fiber like
sheet music, that plays your every emotion,
I long to caress your skin, feeling
every pore, every line, every scar
hoping to read,
with my braille eyes,
your mind, your heart.
Yet I am deaf and blind.

I am lost, confused
I sense your softness, your warmth next to me,
but your mind is beyond perception.

I am lost, confused
as to what I can say
what can I do?
I wonder aloud to the sun,
like so many before me.
Yet it watches with it's visionless eye,
impartially illuminating events,
but offering no insight.

All I can do is sit here,
asking about the weather,
How has your week been?
oh good. Ya busy ya,
I want to feel some real emotion,
yet I do not know, cannot know,
my maze, my software.

I am lost, confused
what do I do now?
but sit down and write to unseen eyes,
Portraying with detail,
the limits of my perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment