Friday, April 30, 2010

The Image of the Sun God


image of the sun god by ~turimbar1 on deviantART
The air has a certain hue to it today,
strewn with dust and pollen and leaves that
float on cobwebs and the occasional santa anna.
And though they are merely unwanted particles,
destined for mothers broom,
they look like gold flakes hoisted aloft
by that insensible ether that guides light
to their precious fringes illuminating them,
leaving sun tracks, before coming to form
my charcoal silhouette on the opposing wall.

2 comments:

  1. I dig it bro, You've got a good amount of these.

    I wasn't able to keep up with the stuff i posted. I lost track of mind. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks man, ya, its easy to just not do it, but i enjoy the time i spend sitting and thinking and coming up with a poem. I think this is one of my better ones, if only because of how descriptive it is

    ReplyDelete