Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tattoo

this is another one of my more reflective/emo poems, I do apologize for that, I try not to be too emo, and for all who know me, I definitely do not look or act emo (or even listen to emo music)

Tonight I am tattooing all
Of my faults and inconsistencies on my back
Martin luther style,
Nailing them in, inch by inch into my temple.
Letting them all stare, who cares,
Like that ashamed girl who came for ice cream
With the sins of the world painted on her face
And left without looking a soul in the eye.

Or maybe I should shut all the windows
Close all the blinds, let this corpse rot in peace,
Don’t bother the neighbors with inconveniences,
That is rude right?
Let the harmless worm of a coffee stain grow a little,
Just don’t let it out of the camouflage mask
That sits next to the door

But I am addicted to clean sheets and hot showers
And orange scented soap.
Lets get a breeze going, get this filth out,
Shed this dead snake skin,
Chameleon no longer.
Nail my sins to my back and leave them there
Behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment