Friday, May 28, 2010

Doldrums

ha, ok, I am not writing this out of any personal experience, just some random ideas, also this song:

oh and i stole the last two lines from a different song, Ill take them out eventually, but I like them right now

Right now, I am flat soda
or beer actually, static sweetness
boring honey, homogenous and plain
and you are the glass,
at once amorphous yet solid,
somehow keeping this amber liquid
together, but who knows.

Saxophones slash through me while
you caw wormwood nothings
about leaving, about lukewarm yeast
and the excitement of the static
that snows across the tv while I sleep.
Dryly droning about how I deserve much better.

I tell her I am not bitter,
just compressed, and curious
whether I will leave a lasting residue
on her crystalline surface,
but no, there is no condensation on her cheeks.

So now I am poured out like water
from the chlorine tap,
used to wash dainty hands
then drained away and recycled.

You can leave now,
no more explanation is needed,
dont you worry,
I'll float on alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment