Saturday, March 12, 2011

Accidental Art

You brought me my skeleton.
A driftwood representation of my soul
is the explanation I would give to the art society,
gnarled and contorted, hollow and brittle
it sat, being examined, scrutinized.

The jagged gashes represent missing pieces of myself
torn out during the storm of life,
they nod politely. The dark black staining:
my mistakes and/or shame. Yes yes, very nice.
The worm holes, now those I could not explain well,
but it is something about the surprising fragility
of humans and diaries and poems and relationships
and how they are shattered so easily.


one of my favorites

2 comments:

  1. I love the poem Andy. I think it is one of your best. I also think that crazy loon of a teacher I had would have loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am very glad to keep creating in spite of my blah moments and poems :)

    ReplyDelete