Saturday, December 4, 2010

We are versatile creatures,
our lips both kiss and curse
our faces are both truthful and lying,
our hands, oh our hands,
you lay in my arms and I in yours,
and I can only think about how easy it would be
for one of us to betray all trust,
destroy all hope, in one incongruous,
destructive act-
To lie with our actions.

crappy poem is crappy, I think.

If you know me, I am an agreeable, patient person. I try not to be confrontational, but if I ever get into a "fight or flight" mode, you will almost never see me choose flight. Certain things just seem to push all the right buttons to make me irrationally angry, ask my brother about that, there are very few people who have seen that side of me other than him. He had it down to a science and would piss me off to the point where I just wanted to strangle him (I was shocked at myself for feeling this way), never did, fortunately for both of us, but he avoids doing that now. Some things just come with maturity, including the lack of desire to irritate your siblings.

ps I really like the "stir the blood" album by the bravery, it is so dark and gripping, the lyrics have so much meaning and the beats are driving

No comments:

Post a Comment