Sunday, November 28, 2010

La Luna Loca

Tonight I will be insane,
yes tonight, and tomorrow night as well
I will fall from that razor
definition of "sanity"
my wax brain will become molten
and slosh around a bit
the the wax forming rivers running
down my pillow and off of my bed
into the garden to stargaze at asters
and wisteria, to then take flight
taking me to places I will never be-
all of my friends successful, and saying hi
and telling me how awesome everything is,
dreaming that I contributed something
to everyones lives, spiders descending
from popcorn ceilings, finding the meaning of life
from their webs and the struggling prey
and realizing how simple it all was.

but now the sun is coming,
my dispersed conscious flees
only to condense back into my skull
with the dew, each and every morning
back to sanity.

I often wonder about the difference between the sane and insane, a fine line that is constantly moved back and forth by psychologists. Homosexuals used to be considered insane and were given hormone treatments and were given electroshock therapy, now they are considered to be perfectly healthy. There are probably many states of mind that have been recently relabeled as sane or insane based on current knowledge or schools of thought. I know I have had temporary ideas of insanity in dreams and sometimes when I am excessively tired. I get irrevocably convinced that the world is a certain way, or that there is some sort of government scheme, or that other people are crazy. Sometimes when I am fading in and out of sleep, I think I am inside the world of whatever book I am reading at the time. It can be both euphoric and terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment